Tomato and Basil Soup - Nutrition To Suit You
1 punnet of vin tomatoes
5/6 cloves of garlic
Drizzle of olive oil
Handful of basil
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and place them in a casserole dish along with the garlic (skin on), a drizzle of olive/rapeseed oil and the salt and pepper.
- Heat in the oven for 20 minutes until the tomatoes soften
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5/10, then remove the skin from the garlic.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender along with a washed handful of basil.
- Blend the ingredients. Optional you can strain the tomatoes to remove the pieces of skin but I enjoy them left in.
- Ready to serve.